Science Lesson Plan on Getting to Know Plants – Class 6
During the teaching commit time in your B.Ed. course, you will need to make a moral design for every subject you will teach. These example plans will need to submit at the end of your session. sol, it is very important to learn how o make a moral plan on any topic.
To help you with this, here I am providing you a sample distribution moral plan on Plants. This skill example plan is for teaching skill in class 6. This moral plan will be very helpful for those who are pursuing B.Ed. vitamin a well as for a skill teacher. The topic of this science example plan is taken from the chapter “ Getting to know Plants ” of class 6 .
now we will discuss how to make a lesson plan on plants step by footfall. This moral design is for a 40-minute class .
Lesson Plan on Plants for B.Ed. – Teaching of Science
recognition of Data :
No. of Students:
Average Age: 11+
Time: 40 minutes
Topic: Getting to Know Plants
Textbook: Science (NCERT)
- 1. The pupils will be able to recall different Science related terms, formulas, symbols, rules, principles, laws, etc.
- 2. The pupils will be able to define different Science related l terms.
- 3. The pupils will be able to develop a scientific attitude.
- 4. The pupils will develop powers of thinking and reasoning.
- 5. The pupils will develop a scientific and realistic attitude towards life.
- 6. The pupils will be prepared for elementary as well as higher education in different branches of science, economics, engineering, etc.
- 7. The pupils will develop an appreciation for the significance of the Scientific truth.
- (i) The students will be able to recognize plants that are present around us.
- (ii) The students will be able to name at least five plants from each category.
- (iii) The students will be able to define herbs, shrubs, trees, root systems, shoot systems.
- (iv) The students will be able to recall the basic parts of a plant that are seen in day-to-day life.
- (i) The students will be able to identify the plants category-wise.
- (ii) The students will be able to identify different parts of a plant.
- (ii) The students will be able to differentiate between various herbs, shrubs, and trees.
- (i) The students will be able to find out the herbs, shrubs, and trees if they are provided a list of names of different plants.
- (i) The students will be able to draw the labeled diagram of a plant.
- (ii) The students will be able to draw a diagram of a leaf.
- General teaching aids: Chalk, Black Board, Textbook, Duster etc.
- Specific Teaching aids: A small plants, leaf
Introduction of Lesson Plan on Plants:
|Steps||Teacher’s Activities||Pupils’ Activities|
| Entering the classroom with a smiling face, the teacher will re-arrange the classroom if necessary. In order to introduce the day’s lesson, the teacher will ask the following questions –
(a) Can you mention some basic functions that an organism carries out?
(b) Do you know what all living organisms are made up of?
|The students will welcome the teacher and will try to give the answer.
The students will give the answer
Announcement of the Topic:
After getting the expected responses the teacher will announce the topic and write it down on the blackboard .
“GETTING TO KNOW PLANTS”
The teacher will ask the students to note down the topic. ( For a proper view of the board please view the attached PDF on the Science moral plan on Plants. )
Presentation Of The Topic Plants:
|Steps||Teaching Point||Teacher’s Activities||Pupils’ Activities||Learning Outcomes||Microteaching Skill|
|1. Parts of Plants – Root, Leaves, Stem, and Flower
2. Types of Plants: On the basis of size, plants are of three types – Herbs, Shrubs, and Trees.
3. Parts of Leaf: Two parts of the leaf are – petiole and lamina.
4. Root System and Shoot System
|The teacher will show the small plants that he/she will bring, and the teacher will say that – The basic parts of a plant are root, stem, leaves, and flower.
To assess the students learning the teacher will ask the following question –
“What are the basic parts of a plant?”
The teacher will explain the types of plants with proper examples.
The teacher will show the parts of plants and explain the importance of the parts of a leaf.
“There are how many basic parts of a leaf and what are they?”
The teacher will use the small plants to explain the Root system and shoot system to the pupils. The teacher will also explain their functions.
The teacher will question:
“Name the parts of that fall into root system?”
|The pupils will observe carefully.
Pupils will try to give answers
Pupils will listen carefully.
Students will note down the various parts of a leaf in their notebook
The students will answer the question.
Students will write down the parts of plants that are in the root system and shoot system.
Pupils will try to give answers.
|The students will name the various parts of a plant.
Pupils will be able to define Herbs, shrubs, and trees and give examples.
Students will be able to identify the various parts of a leaf.
Students will be able to categorize the parts in terms of the root system and shoot system.
Fluency in Questioning
Fluency of Questioning
Conclusion of The Science Lesson Plan:
|Steps||Teacher’s activities||Pupils’ Activities|
|The teacher will consolidate the main points with the students and will write the following question on the blackboard as their homework and will ask the students to note it down. Homework:
Q1. State three differences between Shrubs and Trees.
Q2. Draw a diagram of a leaf.
After the students write, the teacher will clean the board and leave the classroom.
|The students will cooperate with the teacher.
Students will write down the homework.
PDF of The Sample Science Lesson Plan on Plants for B.Ed
Above I have already shown you how to make a proper lesson plan on the Plants for teaching skill in class 6. Since the view of the table may not work properly on mobile devices, So I have attached the PDF of this skill moral plan on the topic of getting to know plants .
Please notice that the format of this lesson plan may vary slightly in accordance with your teacher prepare institution. This lesson plan is made under the format used in B.Ed. colleges which are under Dibrugarh University .
Category : Education